Recognition Awards due: March 1 (national deadline, chapter deadlines vary)
- Ruby Distinguished Service (National)This is the most prestigious recognition presented by ESP and is designed to recognize truly outstanding thinking, performance, and leadership in Extension. It is understood that the nominee has made highly significant contributions on the state, regional, national, and (when applicable) international Extension scenes in a variety of ways and over a career that spans a lifetime.
- Distinguished Service (Chapter, National)Designed to pay the highest chapter tribute to an experienced Extension professional who has consistently exhibited leadership and excellence in Extension program planning, delivery, evaluation, and/or administration over a career of more than 20 years.
- Continued Excellence (Chapter, National)Designed to recognize an experienced Extension professional with more than twenty years of experience who has exhibited continued leadership, initiative, and excellence in Extension program planning, delivery, evaluation, or administration, on a state, regional or national level five years after receiving the chapter Distinguished Service recognition.
- Early-Career Service (Chapter, National)Designed to pay the tribute to a new Extension professional who has exhibited the potential for leadership and excellence in Extension program planning, delivery, evaluation, and/or administration during the first 10 years of their career.
- Mid-Career Service (Chapter, National)Designed to pay the tribute to an experienced Extension professional who has consistently exhibited leadership and excellence in Extension program planning, delivery, evaluation, and/or administration for over 10 years and less than 20 years.
- International Service (Chapter, National)
Available to ESP members who have contributed significantly to the development and/or expansion of an Extension program in another country or countries through in-state and/or overseas work.
- Meritorious Support Service (Chapter)This nationally authorized recognition is designed to pay tribute to the many staff in our system that, over time, have shown support for the mission, program, and professional staff of Cooperative Extension. Such persons include secretaries, program assistants, camp directors, motor pool managers, public distribution clerks, print shop operators, budget analysts, computer operators and others. Since each Chapter designs the specific criteria for this recognition, there is considerable flexibility in how a Chapter uses this recognition.
- Retiree Service (Chapter)
Designed to recognize continuing contributions and outstanding service by retired Extension professionals.
- Visionary Leadership (Chapter, National)Designed to recognize Extension professionals whose significant accomplishments have resulted in leading Extension forward in new directions. This person's visionary leadership enabled Extension to anticipate a significant new opportunity and developed support to implement program organizational changes necessary to achieve success.
- Administrative Leadership (Chapter, National)Recognizes an Extension Professional who has shown noteworthy administrative enthusiasm, performance, and accomplishment during their Extension careers (10 years or more). Administrative leadership may be at county, regional, chapter, program, department, or national level.
- Distinguished Team (Chapter, National)
Designed to recognize outstanding efforts of Extension staff teams (two or more individuals) for responding to and incorporating into a specific educational program one or more critical issues. Critical issues may be defined by local, regional, state or national need.
- Diversity Individual (Chapter, National)
Acknowledges outstanding efforts and accomplishments in developing, achieving and sustaining Extension programs and/or audiences in our diverse and multicultural society.
- Diversity Team (Chapter, National)Acknowledges outstanding efforts and accomplishments in developing, achieving and sustaining Extension programs and/or audiences in our diverse and multicultural society.
- 25 Year Tenure (Chapter Only)This recognition is for 25 years of Extension service (not to include other governmental / Civil Service employment and military service time).
- Friend of Extension (Chapter, National)This is the highest recognition presented by ESP to a non-Extension (lay) person, business or organization and is designed to recognize truly outstanding support and personal involvement in Extension efforts.
National Recognition Nomination Form (Due March 1)
Each year the Chapter must submit their nominations for national recognition on the National Recognition Nomination Form. An application must also be submitted online for each national recognition nominee by March 1.