Scholarships & Grants: PILD Scholarship
Required documents for a complete application:
- Chapter President Statement of Support (If Applicant is Chapter President - Past President should submit)
- Extension Director Statement of Support
- Epsilon Sigma Phi, through the ESP Development Fund, has established this scholarship for eligible members to attend the Public Issues Leadership Development National Conference in order to become informed about and develop skills in responding to public issues and legislative matters affecting Extension programs and personal needs.
- The scholarship is to be used to defray the cost of attending the Public Issues Leadership Development Conference
- Four scholarships of $600.00 each will be awarded annually.
- ESP members whose dues are paid for the current year by February 1
and who have not previously attended the Public Issues/Leadership Development Conference are eligible.
- Recipients must agree to attend the entire conference, including specific ESP events.
Statement of goals and objectives for participation and follow-up
Potential benefit of seminar to applicant and chapter
Previous involvement in leadership and public issues including ESP
- Complete the following:
- Public Issues Leadership Development Application Form
- Request Statements of Support from:
- Chapter President
- Extension Director
All forms must be submitted online no later than December 1.
- Regional representation will be considered; however, discretion will be used depending on the number and quality of applications.
- The Scholarships, Grants and Recognition Committee will submit recommendations to the National ESP Board for consideration, decisions will be announced by the National ESP President in January.
Upon completion of the conference, the scholarship recipient will forward to the ESP Executive Director:
- Request for scholarship payment using online form.
- Financial statement including receipts showing payment for registration fees, travel, lodging, etc.
- Brief report for possible use in ESP Connection Newsletter
Contact the National ESP Scholarships, Grants and Recognition Committee Chair.