Selecting Conference Site
Chapters interested in preparing a bid should first notify the Executive Director. The host chapter should NOT contact or negotiate with hotels prior to notification of the National Office. To do so will limit our negotiation abilities through a private firm. Our experience has demonstrated a better contract following this process resulting in less cost to ESP and its members.
Steps to preparing a bid:
- Contact the National Office with a list of potential cities for the conference and potential dates that work for the Chapter.
- Share with the Executive Director any desirable hotels or special considerations.
- Executive Director will work with a private firm to solicit bids according to ESP policy and conference needs on behalf of the Chapter.
- Executive Director will share all the hotel proposals received with State Chapter for consideration. Will discuss options and potential concerns of each location.
- State Chapter will select one or two options from the list of hotels submitting bids along with concerns. The Executive Director will start negotiations with selected hotels keeping the Chapter informed.
- State Chapter will make a final decision which hotel to use to prepare the bid package.