Scholarships & Grants: Morrill Scholarship
Required for a complete application:
- Statement of support from immediate supervisor if an active member (not required for Life members)
- Statement of support from Chapter President
Epsilon Sigma Phi, through the ESP Development Fund, has established this scholarship to promote professional development for ESP- eligible members employed by 1890 or 1994 Land Grant institutions to attend the National ESP Conference.
The scholarship is to only be used to defray the cost of attending the National ESP Conference. Two scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded.
Eligible recipients include Extension professionals, active ESP or Life members whose primary professional relationship is with an 1890 or 1994 Land Grant Institution. (A list of eligible institutions may be available from the SGR Chairman.)
Applicants do not have to be ESP members at the time of application, but are expected to join the Epsilon Sigma Phi as a result of this award. Extension professionals that have previously attended the National ESP Conference may apply.
Recipients must agree to attend the entire National ESP Conference.
Properly completed application and support letters
Impact on Extension programs:
Involved with concerns & interests of fellow 1890 1994 Extension employees & clientele
Resources obtained for Extension programs: cooperators, volunteers, special funds, etc.
Innovative methods used in Extension programming
Results of Extension programs, future professional leadership objectives
Special honors / recognition
Describe how your attendance at the Conference will be of value to Extension employees and clientele
• Complete the Morrill Scholarship Application form.
• Responses to questions is limited to the number of characters specified in each section or box.
• Statement of support required from immediate supervisor if an active member (not required for Life members) and Chapter President.
• Submit online application and statements of support no later than July 1.
• The ESP Scholarships, Grants and Recognition Committee will review applications and submit selection recommendations to the National ESP Board.
• Regional representation will be considered; however, discretion will be used depending on the number and quality of applications.
• Decisions will be announced by the National ESP President by August 15.
• Upon completion of the ESP Conference, scholarship recipient will forward to the ESP Executive Director:
• Request for scholarship payment using the online found on the ESP website: http://espnational.org under the forms tab.
• Provide a brief summary report to State Extension Director, Chapter President & National ESP office for possible use in ESP Newsletters.
Contact the National ESP office or the National ESP Scholarships, Grants and Recognition Committee Chair
To submit an application, click here.