Required for a complete application:
- Statement of support from immediate supervisor if an active member (not required for Life members)
- Statement of support from Chapter President
Epsilon Sigma Phi, through the ESP Development Fund, has established this scholarship to promote professional development for ESP- eligible members employed by 1890 or 1994 Land Grant institutions to attend the National ESP Conference.
The scholarship is to only be used to defray the cost of attending the National ESP Conference. Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded. Number of awards vary annually pending funds available.
Eligible recipients include Extension professionals, active ESP or Life members whose primary professional relationship is with an 1890 or 1994 Land Grant Institution. (A list of eligible institutions may be available from the SGR Chairman.)
Applicants do not have to be ESP members at the time of application, but are expected to join the Epsilon Sigma Phi as a result of this award. Extension professionals that have previously attended the National ESP Conference may apply.
Recipients must agree to attend the entire National ESP Conference.
Properly completed application and support letters
Impact on Extension programs:
Involved with concerns & interests of fellow 1890 1994 Extension employees & clientele
Resources obtained for Extension programs: cooperators, volunteers, special funds, etc.
Innovative methods used in Extension programming
Results of Extension programs, future professional leadership objectives
Special honors / recognition
Describe how your attendance at the Conference will be of value to Extension employees and clientele
• Complete the Morrill Scholarship Application form.
• Responses to questions is limited to the number of characters specified in each section or box.
• Statement of support required from immediate supervisor if an active member (not required for Life members) and Chapter President.
• Submit online application and statements of support no later than May 1.
• The ESP Scholarships, Grants and Recognition Committee will review applications and submit selection recommendations to the National ESP Board.
• Regional representation will be considered; however, discretion will be used depending on the number and quality of applications.
Funds must be used within one year of announcement of award.
- Request for scholarship payment.
- Proof of participation.
- Financial statement including receipts showing payment for registration fees, travel, lodging, etc.
- Brief report for possible use in ESP Connection Newsletter.
To submit an application, click here.
To request scholarship payment, click here.