Mid-Career Service Recognition (Chapter)
Designed to recognize an experienced Extension professional (with 10-20 years of service) that has exhibited continuing leadership and excellence in State Extension program planning, delivery, and evaluation in program and/or administration.
- National guidelines allow each ESP chapter to present one such recognition for each 150 members (Active+Life), or fraction thereof, for this achievement recognition each year to ESP members whose dues are paid for the previous year and the current year (by February 1).
- Specific criteria for nomination, balloting, and presentation are developed by each chapter.
- An editable/ printable Chapter Recognition Certificate (download from the Chapter Resources) can be prepared and signed by chapter leadership. ESP certificate seals are available for purchase from the ESP Store.
Mid-Career Service Recognition (National by Region)
Gives national recognition to a mid-career professional who has shown outstanding competence in Extension program planning, delivery, and evaluation in nominee's subject matter area or in administration on a regional or state basis (10-20 years tenure).
- One nominee per chapter per year.
- Nominees must complete an online Mid-Career Service Recognition Application and must be included on the Chapters National Recognition Nomination Form. Both must be submitted by March 1.
- Nominee must be a current or previous chapter recipient and still be less than 20 years of service.
- One recognition per region per year will be awarded to ESP members whose dues are paid for the previous year and the current year (by February 1).
- Chapters cast a single vote for the nominees from their region, votes will be weighted based on the number of delegates the chapter has for the National Council Meeting.
- Chapters vote for the nominee from their region.
- The recognition is presented to recipients during the National ESP Conference Recognition Event.