Recognition Awards: Diversity Individual
Service Award Level: Chapter, National
Acknowledges outstanding efforts and accomplishments in developing, achieving and sustaining Extension programs and/or audiences in our diverse and multicultural society.
- Diversity refers to the fact that our community, both locally and nationally, is comprised of many individuals, each having unique attributes based on a variety of social, physical, and cultural characteristics.
- Multiculturalism is a philosophy that recognizes, accepts, and integrates the contributions and achievements of all people into the social and economic fabric of the community in which they exist.
- Multiculturalism requires an understanding of and respect for the historical bases of the belief systems and traditions of various groups to develop their members socially, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually, and physically.
- Nominations should show understanding, valuing and celebrating differences among people relative to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status and sexual orientation (List is not all- inclusive and not limited to those mentioned.)
- The diversity/multicultural program must have been implemented in the past three years.
- Program description addresses significant diversity/multicultural issues for a period of at least one year.
- Makes innovative efforts to attract and reach diverse and/or multicultural audiences.
- Demonstrates collaborative efforts.
- Utilizes creative and unique strategies to market or publicize the program to reach diverse and/or
- Makes efforts above and beyond affirmative action program requirements.
- Demonstrates potential for replication by others
- An editable/ printable Chapter Recognition Certificate can be prepared and signed by chapter leadership. ESP certificate seals are available for purchase from the ESP Executive Director using the ESP Supply Order Form.
Program description using the above criteria
Data supporting measurable impacts of the candidate's work in meeting needs of clientele will strengthen the nomination.
To submit an application, click here.