Distinguished Service Recognition (Chapter)
Designed to pay the highest chapter tribute to an experienced Extension professional who has consistently exhibited continuing leadership and excellence in Extension program planning, delivery, evaluation, in program and/or administration over a career of 20 or more years. Data supporting measurable impacts of the candidate's work in meeting needs of clientele will strengthen the nomination.
- National guidelines allow each ESP chapter to present one such recognition for each 150 members (Active +Life) or fraction thereof, to ESP members whose dues are paid for the previous year and the current year (by February 1).
- Specific criteria for nomination, balloting, and presentation at the chapter level are developed by each chapter.
- All Chapter Distinguished Service recognition recipients who were selected between May 1 (previous calendar year) and April 30 (current calendar year) will be recognized during the National ESP Conference Recognition Event.
- One Chapter Distinguished Service Recognition recipient will be considered for regional recognition; nominee must complete an online Distinguished Service Recognition Award Application that must be submitted to the ESP Executive Director by March 1 and their name must be included on the National Recognition Nomination form found on the ESP website.
- An editable/ printable Chapter Recognition Certificate (download from Chapter Resources) can be prepared and signed by chapter leadership. ESP certificate seals are available for purchase from the ESP Store.