Membership is open to those Extension personnel (including Administration, University and County based Professionals) and retirees who exhibit excellence in Extension programming. Membership is established through state chapters that are chartered through the national organization. With members from all aspects of the Extension system, members have an opportunity to network with members from all of Extension regardless of subject area or position.
State chapters nominate outstanding Extension professionals for membership. If you do not have a chapter in your state, please contact the national office about joining as a member-at-large.
Benefits of ESP Membership
* Scholarships for individual professional development opportunities including advanced degrees
* Professional development grants for chapters
* Chapter and national recognition programs for member individuals and teams
* Opportunity to give peer reviewed scholarly presentations (national conference; webinars)
* Involvement in public issues and activities
* ESP Connection newsletter and other relevant communication to members
* Chapter and national leadership opportunities
* Network of Extension professionals united across disciplines and program areas
* Mentoring opportunities
* Chapter officer/member training support
* Involvement in global & international opportunities
* Partnerships with Joint Council of Extension Professionals and National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA) - USDA
ESP Sponsored Programs
* National ESP Conference
Partnerships with JCEP
(PILD is held generally in April in Washington DC)
* JCEP Leadership Conference (held each February)
Types of Membership
Life Membership - Extended to Extension professionals who have retired from the Extension System.
At-Large Membership - Extended to Extension professionals in states without an established chapter only.
Contact your local chapter or the National Office for additional information.