Strategic Action Plan 2019
Global Relations Committee
Peggy Compton, Chair
Committee Members (Regional Representatives): Richard Beckort, Larkin Podsiedlik, Mary Ann Kizer, Kevin Gamble, Letitia Johnson, Nancy Kadwill, Barbara Brown, Celina Wille
Additional Members/Interested Individuals: Marcia Hellandsaas, Marty Havlovic, Katrina Mitchell, Christy Fitzpatrick, Annette Heisdorffer
Committee Goal 1: Implement and evaluate the International “Scholars” Grant program as defined in the Handbook.
• Re-write the application to better reflect the current project and/or be prepared for future funding.
• Complete a project evaluation, in cooperation with our project partners at the Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab, Kansas State University (SIIL). Evaluation could include such areas as: retention of the student participants, success of their studies, connections made to Extension educators and/or extension work.
Committee Goal 2: Author and submit articles for the ESP Connection newsletter that describe or support the work of this committee and/or global issues and opportunities in general.
Committee Goal 3: Review and update the Global Relations Committee’s pages in the ESP Handbook
Committee Goal 4: Collect items for Global Auction Basket for the Live Auction at the 2019 ESP National Conference.
Committee Goal 5: Have a presence at the 2019 ESP National Conference through a concurrent session, lightening session, poster session or other avenue.
• An overview and summary of the Scholars Grant program will be organized and presented in cooperation with our project partners at the Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab, Kansas State University (SIIL).
Committee Goal 6: Provide information to ESP members via webinar “How to get started/get involved in international opportunities”
Committee Goal 7: Explore/organize/offer an international Extension professional development experience for ESP members (possibly including non-members, as well).
Committee Goal 8: Connect with International Extension Workgroup.
• ECOP approved appointment of an International Extension Workgroup to establish ways that the Cooperative Extension system can support 1862 and 1890 institutions increasing capacity in international Extension programs. (from ECOP Report to National JCEP Board, July 2018)
Committee Goal 9: Purchase and re-sell for a profit the International Calendar produced by the Return Peace Corp Volunteers of Madison, WI.
• Purchase (in Sept 2019) calendars for 2020 at $6 each and sell for $15; sell at 2019 ESP Conference; connect with Chapter Global Relations Committees for them to be involved in selling; profits could help fund future projects such as another year of the Scholars Grant program.
Committee Goal 10: Increase information flow to/from ESP Chapters in regards to international opportunities.
• Work could include: Gather and share a list of international extension programs that are open to others outside that University. Develop a toolkit to assist those who want to be involved in international programs/exchange (including such things as ways to connect international experiences to your extension work and/or articulate the value of international experiences to your extension work.)